Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Raving

One of the featured videos that happened to pop up yesterday here on Myspace was a clip of Julia Stiles at the Tribeca Film Festival earlier this year, talking about her directorial debut, a short movie called "Raving". It included a trailer for the movie, which intrigued me enough to want to go find it and watch it.

If you have 20 minutes to spare (that's how long the entire movie is), you can view it at:

http://raving.elle.com (click on "Watch the Movie" on the right-hand column)

It was actually sort of interesting, though the ending had me a bit baffled, I wasn't sure how I was supposed to interpret it. Did the guy completely lose his mind and stay mired in the past? Did the girl find a new way to make a living besides hawking a sob story? Did they ever see each other again, or was the dress just symbolic of the turnaround her life took?

Anyone have any ideas?

One thing that's undeniable about the ending is Zooey Deschanel's rendition of "Hello Dolly". I had never heard of her, much less heard her sing, until now. And I have to say-- I adore her voice! She looks very classy and elegant in that gown, too-- pleasing to the eyes AND ears, now there's a can't-beat combination!
I couldn't get enough of it, and was happy to find a clip of it on YouTube. It's just a 1-minute extraction from the end of the movie, but I could listen to it over and over again :-) Here it is for your audio pleasure:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. If you would like to reply to an existing comment thread, click the "Reply" link under the comment you wish to reply to, and follow the copy-and-paste instructions that appear.